Here you will find information and news about stock markets, online trading, investing, stock brokers. Great collection of tools for everyday trading, like real time stock quotes, interactive stock charts, options calculator, earnings calendar, market comments and suggetions for good reading material makes your trading day profitable!

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

It's a stock pickers market

Jack Rothstein writes in his blog that the index funds are not performing well and it's a stock pickers market.
Cash rich in managed accounts this being the season of weakness. The shorts balance the longs in the fund. Selectivity is the key to success. It is a stock pickers market. You have little chance of index funds delivering a satisfying performance. The major market averages are flat to down for the year. It’s a flat market. Performing in a flat market requires the ability to pick stocks in a timely manner. Pick and clip advancing and declining stocks in a timely manner.
He highlights some long and short candidates and gives a comment for each (BCR, BEAV, GE, ISIL).

Read further:
Jack Rothstein: Longs & Shorts, Always

See also:
Saying Goodbye to Buy-and-Hold

6 Comments:

Blogger August said...

I come a cross sites to find some information regarding stock trading and I think your blog so useful. Thanks anyway!

I also found a very useful site, especially for traders.

Visit www.AllTradingBooks.com and I guarantee you'll love it!

10/22/2005 02:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog, and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a stock trading pick blog, so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

10/26/2005 10:29:00 PM  
Blogger . said...

I just came across your blog, and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a penny stock trading blog, so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

10/27/2005 04:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Visitors,

This blog is really nice and informative. We do think our posting will be highly beneficial for you too. As we know now a days
stock market trading has just became a joke, every third person who don’t even know about the name of exchanges is willing to
do trading due to which in recent past we have seen few shares which are fundamentally very week but had flied high in rally.
But now everyone is trapped in those sort of companies.

Now best strategy is to wait and watch let Nifty close above 5350-5400 for 1-2 days only then strength will come back in market.

We are expecting short covering above these levels.


Till then our approach should be wait and watch trade in less quantity.


Regards
Sharetipsinfo Team

1/29/2008 03:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Great Penny Stock Tips said...

I believe that picking undervalued stocks is the best method of being successful when buying stocks.

12/24/2011 05:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Learn Stock Market said...

This blog Is very informative, I am really pleased to post my comment on this blog. It helped me with ocean of knowledge so I really believe you will do much better in the future. Good job web master.

3/14/2013 08:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment   (feel free to post relevant comments)

<< Home